Busta Rhymes - Thank You feat. Q-Tip, Kanye West, & Lil Wayne
In case you didn’t see my previous posts, Busta Rhymes and Q-Tip’s highly anticipated mixtape The Abstract And The Dragon drops tonight at midnight. I’ve already reviewed their superb single Thank You, and I’m pretty sure since it’s $1.29 on itunes it wont be featured on this free release. That said, I’ll be posting a review of my favorite song off the mixtape tomorrow, along with a general synopsis of the project as a whole. I really hope it lives up to my expectations.
When you’re a kid, people ask you what you want to do when you grow up. You pick a major in college. You get a degree in that field. Then you go out into the world and sharply focus on becoming that one thing. You wear that one hat so tight it hurts your head. And if for some reason if it doesn’t work out, you feel like a failure.
Most of my life, I wore one hat. I majored in film, emphasis in screenwriting. I was a screenwriter. I wrote screenplays. That’s all I did. I had one conduit into what I thought was success avenue. And you better believe I poured as much Draino as I could down that shit. But it didn’t work out. So I pursued by other passion and became a therapist. Or did I?
Today I don’t wear hats. And I don’t believe things workout or don’t. I believe everything we’ve done will contribute to everything we’re doing or going to do. I’m still a writer, just a different one. I still tell stories, in a different format. I’m a therapist, a life coach, a writer, a supervisor, an athlete, an entrepreneur, and a mad scientist of sorts - I love building things.
We all have more than one interest / passions and they will change as we change. I know we have to pay rent but following them will only expand you world, gives you eyes that see in color, allow you to live in wonder instead of fear.
Don’t put life’s weight into just one thing. It’s like trying to go for the hottest girl in the room and if she turns you down, you’re nothing. Instead, get out of that room and focus on living a fun full life and you’ll end up being the hottest guy in the room.
People shouldn’t ask kids what they want to do when they grow up. They should ask them what they want their life to be full of. You don’t have to be one thing, especially today. You can be a number of things and it doesn’t mean you’re spreading yourself thin. It means you’re stretching, living a full life, offering more to the world. It’s means you’re on a road to being fulfilled which is what really success avenue looks like. Life is not all or nothing. It’s a canvas for you to paint on.
If you’re stuck in a job you hate, going to school for the wrong reason, afraid to pursue what you’ve always wanted to, or if you’re chasing an old dream that isn’t fulfilling you anymore, take off your hat. It’s hurting your head.
Expand your life.
It’s not about what you do.
It’s about how you live.
ITS TIME FOR THE ANNUAL OMOCAT CHRISTMAS GIVEAWAY!!
many good things have happened, OMOCAT has grown so much, and my life is forever changed :>
here’s a little thank you to all my followers and supporters!
1) FIRST PRIZE: 1 OMOCAT APPAREL in the size of your choice (while supplies last) new items that may be released this following week are also eligible for the prize
1) reblog the entire post to enter the giveaway! likes do not count gomen ~_~
2) EDIT: you may only reblog once! multiple reblogs apparently don’t work anymore because tumblr’s new system only shows the most recent reblog. also, no giveaway-only blogs! i’ll be checking >:(
3) i will be choosing 3 winners randomly. i will painstakingly copy-paste each blog name in a random generator, and have the generator pick the winners for me
4) the winner will be chosen this weekend on the midnight of DECEMBER 16th. i will be sending out asks to let you know if you’ve won so please make sure your ask is open! if you do not reply within 24 hrs, i will have to choose another winner!!
5) i will provide free shipping! (yes, even international)
good luck!! once again, thank you all and happy holidays!!!!!
winduptoygirl asked: Yo yo skinny boy, once you get this, share five random facts about yourself, then pass this on to ten of your favorite followers
I should be working. But I’m not going to. Because I’m beyond giving a fuck about school.
1. This semester is full of emotional ups and downs, especially about what I’m going to do with my future and what I actually want to do and all the self-doubt and all the moments of triumph and just BLAHHHHH LIFE HARD ‘CAUSE ME SCARED.
2. I can’t stand home. I love the people, I love the food. But it’s stagnant and suburban and things that matter to me just don’t matter at home. That’s a good thing sometimes, but it makes me terribly restless. If I’m gonna take advantage of my life, I’m gonna have to get out of there.
3. When I was a kid, I used to spit on my sisters pillow and floor of her room when she was a bitch to me. Ahaha… (I used to be a bigger asshole than I am now. Hard to believe right?)
4. I miss having time to devote myself to video games. I miss having all those adventures in those grandiose, beautiful and lush worlds, with clearly defined goals and villains. I miss being able to go from one world to another with the switch of a cartridge. And after you were done, you would go to sleep not being able to wait for the next day to continue your adventures. Fuck. Now I’m sad.
5. Something I hate is when people aren’t considerate of others. People need to realize that it’s not all about them. That there’s other people on earth whose needs/losses/experiences/whatever are just as important as theirs. That other people matter, too.